At Directions, the health and well-being of our individuals and staff is paramount. The Coronavirus (COVID -19) situation is evolving rapidly and our team monitors and refines our strategy on a daily basis. In order to maximise your safety and wellbeing, we have implemented the following actions.
- Directions check the instructions from the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission on a daily basis. To date, the Australian Government’s Chief Medical Officer has not issued advice requiring disability providers without contamination or exposure to COVID-19, to isolate or limit access to supports and services to NDIS participants. Accordingly, the NDIS Commission expects the provision of supports and services that are not currently impacted by COVID-19, to continue to be offered to NDIS participants.
- We continue to provide face to face supports, but these visits may be modified to include assistance with shopping, obtaining medication or essential supplies
- All our staff are completing infection control training and use safe hygiene practices
- We have prepared emergency sanitiser kits for all staff, in the event they do not have access to soap, water and cleaning products
- We have postponed group events and activities whilst we redesign these to suit the situation
- A strict wellness policy – employees must stay home if they are showing any signs of illness or may be at risk
- We have adopted working from home arrangements for most of our office staff
Directions are contacting all of our individuals and families by phone to ascertain your needs and assist you in redesigning your supports if needed. If we have not been able to make contact with you, please call a member of our team on 9262 4900 or email us – email@example.com
Directions also provide regular updates by email, so please check your emails regularly and let us know if you have changed your details.
For further information:
If you are concerned about your health call the Coronavirus Health Information line 1800 020 080.
If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 45
NDIS COVID 19 update in Auslan: https://youtu.be/PgzP-qdFvP0
Directions are committed to providing the very best of care and support to all individuals, participants, families, staff and stakeholders. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have questions, suggestions or feedback.