The WA Government has announced that Phase 3 of the Roadmap will commence 6 June 2020. Highlights of these changes include the physical distancing guidelines have changed 4 sqm rule reduced to 2 sqm. We will also see more venues open and increased community presence after eased restrictions.
The Directions COVID taskforce group have applied a considered and thoughtful approach to gradual return to the ‘new normal’ of business. This will see us make some modifications to protocols and behaviours and these will continue to be communicated through a multi-tiered approach.
Below is a snapshot of some of the parameters that will assist in a shared understanding of how we, as a team, implement protocols and behaviours to minimise risk, promote safety and prevent infection spread.
- A COVID Safety Plan is in place at each venue – a copy can be seen here.
- Directions staff (by roster) will begin to return to the office over the next week.
- Visitors to the venue must be by appointment only.
- Physical distancing, good hygiene and the 4 square metre rule will apply at all times and venues (adjusting to 2 square metres).
- Staff aware to stay home if unwell.
- All Staff/Support Workers must have completed Infection Control Training.
- Registration book at all venues – all attendees must sign in.
- Door stop discussion to check for any illness or exposure to risk.
- Use of public transport and shopping centres should be considered in relation to risk. Avoid if vulnerable or if you feel you may be at higher risk.
- Avoid busy public venues during peak times.
- Practice good hygiene, handwashing and use of sanitiser if no access to soap and water
It is appreciated that this list is not exhaustive and I encourage you to contact me, or a member of the management team, if you have any queries or uncertainties.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and we recover and respond to these changes.
Chief Executive Officer