COVID 19 – responding to the changes
The Directions team continue to respond to updated information regarding COVID 19, looking for ways to better support you and assist during these challenging times.
Our staff have undertaken online training in infection control, are fully aware of safe hygiene protocols, adhere to physical distancing and follow strict protocols regarding risk factors.
Our management team frequently check information from the regulatory bodies to ensure we are acting in your best interests. The team have a developed a detailed COVID 19 Management and Recovery Plan which details many strategies to support participants and staff.
The present Government recommendations are for people to stay at home as much as they can, in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It is permissible for people to leave home in order to shop for necessary items, attend to medical or health care needs, exercise (no more than 2 people together) and work or study if you can’t do this from your own home.
Directions can assist to support you within these guidelines by:
- Performing your shopping for you or assisting with online shopping
- Attending the pharmacy to obtain medication or other items
- Supporting school aged participants with school work and access to learning materials
- Therapy delivered remotely
- Helping you to complete forms online or locate information you need
- Assisting with household tasks
- Home based activities that you may require assistance with – such as managing finances
- Any other activities that may be vital to support your physical, social, mental and emotional wellbeing
We realise that you may wish to limit the amount of visitors to your home. If this is the case, we can still support you in other ways – please discuss with your Coordinator or Therapist.
We also realise that you may need vital help to occur within or around your home. If this is the case, our staff are trained and prepared to support you safely.
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to get in touch – we’re here to help.
NDIS Price Guide Changes
The NDIS understands that coronavirus (COVID-19) may significantly impact providers. This is not to dismiss the significant impact COVID 19 may have on participants. In order to assist providers to continue to deliver supports during this time, the NDIS is introducing a number of changes around cancellation fees, support coordination and a COVID 19 levy on some services.
The NDIS Price Guide page provides more information about price increases and changes to cancellation policy.
Please be assured that Directions are committed to assisting you throughout this challenging period. Adopting the changes in the price guide will help us to keep offering the high quality service we value. We will write to you to advise of the changes in more detail. Directions are focussed on supporting our individuals, families, staff and the wider community as we approach this challenge together.
Thank you for choosing Directions as your service provider. We appreciate the situation is changing constantly and our lines of communication remain open and available to you, via
- Your Coordinator or Therapist (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm)
- On – Call phone 0449 624 900 (seven days a week, up to 9.00pm)
- Main reception – 9262 4900 (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Chief Executive Officer