Directions appreciates that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts everyone differently and we are committed to understanding what this may mean for you and knowing how we can best support you.
Directions continues to monitor state and federal government mandates, as well as recommendations and protocols from Department of Communities, the NDIS and Department of Health WA.
Underpinning all of our decisions and strategies is the need to manage and minimise the risks associated with COVID-19, in relation to our participants, families, staff and wider community.
Regular phone contact with our participants and support workers has been a very effective way to keep the lines of communication open and provides an opportunity to respond to any queries or questions. Please feel free to get in touch at any time – we welcome the opportunity for a collaborative approach as we work through these challenges together.
Below is a summary of Directions current actions:
- We continue to play our part to control infection transmission through self-isolation, working from home where appropriate, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene practices, and routine cleaning of our facilities.
- Our Staff have appropriate access to information, support, decision making frameworks, ideas for alternate activities, personal protective equipment (PPE) and resources to enable best outcomes and mitigate risks as much as possible.
- Where possible, moving services to be phone-based or interactive online services, rather than face-to-face.
- Our Therapy services have been designed to incorporate telehealth and online sessions where practicable. Our therapy team are working with participants on an individual level to ensure the best outcome and appropriate therapeutic modality.
- Our groups have moved to individual one-to-one support (where a participant’s plan/budget allows, and in line with current health advice).
- Assisting participants to access the community for medical appointments, shopping, work/study and exercise, as per Government recommendations. Our staff are working hard to redesign supports within these guidelines.
If you have any queries regarding the above changes, or any other questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch, via:
- Your Coordinator or Therapist (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm)
- On – Call phone 0449 624 900 (seven days a week)
- Main reception – 9262 4900 (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Finally, I would like to thank you for your continued support in helping Directions assist you during these challenging times. By working together and being open to new ways of delivering services, we can overcome challenges together.
Chief Executive Officer